What personal information do we gather and how do we use it?
- When you order, we need to know your name, email address, mailing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- When you sign up for services like Newsletters or download certain software or plug-ins made available by us through our site, we need only an email address -- which we use to send the information you requested.
- When you submit a customer review, we also ask for your email address but we will not display it with your review. This is for our reference purposes so we can get in touch with you.
- We may personalize your shopping experience by using your purchases and site behaviour to shape our recommendations about the books, CDs, and other merchandise that might be of interest to you. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the web site, new FSMegamall.com.my services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, visit Your Account to change your preferences. Make sure to change your preferences for each account or email address you have left with us.
How does FSMegamall.com.my protect customer information?
FSMegamall.com.my uses the latest encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information -- including your name, address, and credit card number -- is encrypted using a secure server for maximum security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. To ensure that your information is even more secure, once we receive your credit card information, we store it on a server that isn't accessible from the Internet. We're so certain that our online order systems are secure that we back it up with a guarantee. In the unlikely event that you are subject to fraudulent charges, remember to first notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. If, for whatever reason, you are held responsible for any fraudulent charges made on our site, FSMegamall.com.my will cover the entire liability for you, up to $50, as long as the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made from FSMegamall.com.my while using our secure server.
Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to fax in your credit card information and complete your purchase by mail order. (For details, please email us at sales [at] fsmegamall.com.my).
What about "cookies"?
Will FSMegamall.com.my disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
From time to time, FSMegamall.com.my shares customer information -- never credit card information -- with trustworthy third parties. Also, FSMegamall.com.my may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. FSMegamall.com.my may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of FSMegamall.com.my, our users, or others.
How does FSMegamall.com.my allow customers to update or change the information it collects?
If at any time you would like to change any information in your account, just go to the Your Account link at the top right of any page. This will take you to the Your Account page, where you can change or update your email address and password, billing address, payment options, shipping options, and general preferences.
How does FSMegamall.com.my protect the privacy of children younger than 13?
FSMegamall.com.my is concerned about the privacy of young children and does not knowingly collect any personal information from a child under 13. We suggest that you become involved with your child's access to the Internet and to our site to ensure that his or her privacy is well protected.
What is your policy if I link to a third-party web site?
When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, FSMegamall.com.my cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement whenever interacting with any web site.